Repurposed trays and candlestick holders make fabulous accessory and make up storage. I doubt you could thrift these cheaper than the dollar store sells them, but for the same price you could definitely get some unique items with a nice patina to them at the thrift shoppe.
Truebluemeandyou: I would try and find cheap silver plate at thrift shops. It’s much sturdier and if it’s not shiny and new looking the prices are LOW.
DIY Flower Heels. This was on a featured DIY yesterday, but Cocorosa came out with a tutorial for the flower heels today here. She gives you options on how to do this (which is good) and this reminds me of the tutorial I posed yesterday for a floral headband with clip on flowers that I posted by Clones “N” Clowns here. *2 image download.
Put two caps full of vanilla extract in a coffee cup, then place it in the oven at 300 degrees for one hour. Within twenty minutes the whole house smells like Heaven. It’s actually a common realtor trick.
DIY Shoe Dyeing Tutorial. I have been hearing wonderful things about the paint Donatella uses on these sandals - that you can use it on leather, it doesn’t crack etc… Tutorial on shoe dyeing and a review of the paint she uses at inspiration & realisation here.
Roundup of Nine Elbow Patche Tutorials: for an Elbow Worn Sweater Jacket. I purposely chose tutorials that were not just decorative, but could actually fix a sweater. I received a question from uhohohno:
Hello! I was just wondering, would you happen to know any good elbow patch tutorials? Not like the fake ones that the hipsters like to attach to their jackets though.:)) I mean real ones? I thrifted an amazing knit jacket for almost nothing and was really excited but then realized that it hurts to keep my elbows on the table for more than 2 minutes, so I’d like to add patched to it. Thanks!
- Easy felt patch solution - but make sure not to get the really cheap felt (Clothed Much) here.
- Tutorial shows you how to darn and fix a whole in a sweater, then make and sew on the patch (Freshly Picked) here.
- DIY elbow patch (goldstarstyle.tumblr.com) here.
- Duplicate stitch elbow patches with a link to how to reinforce/darn knitted material (One Sheepish Girl) here.
- Simple Elbow Patch - but mend the hole first (tiredtalk.tumblr.com) here.
- How to mend holes with fusible adhesive and then patch (Craftzine) here.
- Needle felted patches - I picked this tutorial from Honestly…WTF because they always have good directions and links to materials here.
- Lace Patch - pretty but not sure how comfortable (pierogi picnic) here.
- Patches to fix huge holes (The Knitty Gritty Homestead) here.
- DIY On Trend Cut Off Shorts with Rolled Up Cuffs (Adventures in Dressmaking) here.
- DIY Cut Off Jean Lace Shorts (Clones & Clowns) here.
- DIY DSquared2 Pom Pom Shorts (Cheap Chic Obsession) here.
- DIY Easiest No Sew Scalloped Shorts Ever (Dream, Create) here.
- DIY Stenciled Tights (pineneedle collective) here.
- DIY Zimmermann Inspired Idyllic Applique dress (Dream, Create) here.
- DIY Woven Jersey Sweatshirt (The Forge) here.
- DIY Halter Top from Men’s Shirt (Pretty Quirky Pants) here.
- DIY Cut Out Shoulder Blouse (Pop Champagne) here.
DIY Recycled Shirt into a Detached Beaded Collar Tutorial. Really good tutorial from Trinkets in Bloom here. *Also, one really good tip that I use - when you have things laid out in a pattern (or taking things apart etc…), take a photo of your project so you remember exactly where everything goes.
Canine Corsage | Charlie♥Diesel
If you’re furry loved one is joining in your special day, you want them to look their best too right?! I fell in love with these beautiful corsages from Charlie♥Diesel - the beautiful faux flower corsages are backed with felt and has two loops that you can slip their collar through so it won’t be too irritating to your pet. Charlie♥Diesel also does custom colours to fit in with your entourage, and20% of the sale of items goes to the Riverside City Animal Shelter, meaning you are helping other animals too.